Buying a house in Tasmania, 5 things that could save you a lot of stress.
- Make sure the inspection clause is in the contract with at least 10 working days to act upon.
- Get a building inspection from a fully licensed and insured building inspector. Google him and check reviews.
- Keep the defect limit a low as possible, up until May 2017 it was 1% but now it can be as low as 1% or greater or a price ( eg. 1% of $50000 =$5000). Keep it under $10000 if possible .
- Add the 3 day cooling off period to the contract and try to coordinate a building inspection within that time frame.
- Organise an insurance cover note on the day you sign the contract until settlement then take out house and contents on the day of settlement.