Buying a house in Tasmania, 5 things that could save you a lot of stress.
- Get a building inspection and make sure the inspection clause is in the contract with at least 10 working days.
- Keep the defect limit a low as possible, up until May 2017 it was 1% but now it can be as low as 1% or greater or a price ( eg. 1% of $50000 =$5000).
- Add the 3 day cooling off period to the contract and try to coordinate a building inspection within that time frame.
- Organise a insurance cover note on the day you sign the contract until settlement then full contents and house insurance.
- Don’t use a Real Estate recommended Building inspector.